"Every child is potentially the light of the world."
We aim to serve students and families who are committed to taking ownership of a new model of learning. At Brilliant Stars, we believe there are no bounds to growth and knowledge, and that children are able to learn much more than is often assumed. It is our belief that our educational responsibility extends beyond the limits of mere academic education. With staff and students from over 39 countries, we truly embrace and celebrate our cultural diversity!
- Oneness of Humankind
- Global Awareness
- Striving Towards Excellence
- Attraction to Beauty
- Unity in Diversity
- Joy in Learning
- Healthy Living Principles
- Intrinsic Motivation
- Community Engagement
- Arts and Music
- Eco-Friendly Lifestyle
- Loving and Kind Environment
We adopt new teaching methods in order to ensure that relevant and research-based practices are being upheld. We believe in providing a balance of experiences to enrich and enhance an individual child’s emotional, social, physical, creative, linguistic, and intellectual development.
- To create a joyful and loving environment in which both parents and teachers are partners in the child’s care and education.
- To engender strong virtues and foster a positive and joyful attitude towards learning.
- To guide students in the social and emotional aspects of learning and life while helping them develop into responsible, mindful, confident, articulate, and respectful global citizens.
- To help students build virtuous characters supported by intrinsic motivation.
- To develop logical thinkers and encourage independent hands-on learning.
- To provide a well-rounded educational experience through the presence of a range of extracurricular activities, thus allowing the children to develop their diverse talents.
- To equip students with a strong foundation in reading, writing, math, ICT, and coding.
- To adopt new technologies and pursue professional development to ensure that relevant and research-based teaching and learning practices are being upheld.
- To foster creativity and transdisciplinary possibility thinking, which is essential for 21st-century employability.
Our team is international, open-minded, and passionate about lifelong learning. Our diversity is our strength! We are a community of learners devoted to the betterment of the world.
We have a diverse team of enthusiastic qualified teachers (native English speakers and Slovak speakers) who are also trained in-house in Character Education and Montessori. Our teachers have several years of experience in primary and secondary age teaching in international schools in Slovakia and abroad.
All our teachers receive specialized and extensive training throughout the year to ensure that we are up-to-date with innovative educational methods and well-equipped to inspire our students.
Management & Administration
Our administrative team is very accommodating and proactive, ensuring individual attention is given to students, parents, and staff. Our director has an open door policy and welcomes the Brilliant Stars community to discuss personal matters, explore new project ideas, or speak about education in general.
We have a team of friendly support staff at Brilliant Stars! Our cooks, cleaners, and maintenance staff ensure that your children feel comfortable and spend their days in safe facilities.
We have a team of dedicated and highly trained instrumental teachers. With over 80% of our students learning an instrument, students at Brilliant Stars are able to learn violin, cello, guitar, piano, or flute in-house.
Our teaching team is advised by a number of in-house specialists including a Montessori expert, an in-house special educator and speech and language therapist, an in-house psychologist, and an education consultant, all of whom are at hand to support your child through their learning experience.
We make every effort to connect with researchers and practitioners around the world in order to ensure the very best education for our students. Our advisory board is comprised of many inspirational individuals including seasoned professionals in the non-profit sector, educational consultants, epidemiologists (during the COVID-19 Pandemic), researchers at the UCL Institute of Education, and a doctoral researcher at the University of Cambridge.
Media Said About Us
- Online Education at Brilliant Stars (Eduworld) - Interview with Venus Jahanpour
- TEDx Bratislava 2019 with Brilliant Stars founder Venus Jahanpour
- Children are a Hope for our Future (TA3)
- Children capable of inspiring change in their parents (Promama)
- Fled Iran and founded an Environmental School
- The cause of negative actions is often ignorance (SME Zeny)
- I founded a kindergarten because of all the incessant backbiting (Zeny v Meste)
- Less Waste Hero - making Brilliant Stars Zero Waste
- A Unique School: Educating to Love the Planet (Video - Reflex Magazine)
In our aim to support parents in their journey through parenting, we have and will be expanding our parent spaces. In addition to the open door policy our director has with all parents who wish to discuss the education of their child, there are individual parent meetings with your children’s teachers, and topic-specific meetings such as eco-committee and service projects. As well, there are discussion spaces for parents to engage in conversations about their experiences. These sessions are spaces to learn more about parenting and how as a parenting community, we can assist each other to raise our children.
Evening parent discussions, hosted by our director Venus Jahanpour, bring together parents of all ages to join the discussion and learn about education as well as workshop any themes and experiences they might wish to speak to other parents about. This joint space of practitioners and parents enables us all to explore education together. All Brilliant Stars parents will be notified of such spaces and are always welcome to join.
2% Tax Contribution
We would like to kindly ask you to consider contributing 2% of your income tax to our kindergarten. We are grateful for all your financial support.
If you would like to contribute 2% of your income tax to our kindergarten this year you will find all necessary forms and instructions here.
To contribute 2% of your income tax, please use the following information:
Business name (name): Súkromná materská škola, Vavilovova 18, 851 01 Bratislava
Legal form: Nezisková organizácia
ID / SID: 42126401
Address: Vavilovova 18, 85101 Bratislava